*This job is located in San Antonio – Only candidates who live in San Antonio or surrounding areas will be considered.
Title: Diesel Mechanic Assistant
Department: FuelCo Energy, LLC – San Antonio, Texas
Reports To: General Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
FuelCo Energy LLC. is a finished fuel and refined product wholesale and retail marketer and transportation provider for the oil and gas service industry. We procure our products from a network of North American refiners and supply high quality finished fuels and refined products for oilfield operations throughout North America. FuelCo guarantees the highest quality and performance from our new state-of-the-art truck fleet, experienced team of hazmat-certified drivers, and dispatch team available 24/7 to meet our client service needs.
Diesel Mechanics Assistants play a vital role in ensuring our customers have the finest quality fuel available. As a Diesel Mechanic Assistant, you will be responsible for providing assistance to the Lead Diesel Mechanic with any maintenance issues that arise both onsite (oil & gas industry) and local service to our fleet of transport trucks.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in proper pre & post trip truck and trailer inspections
- Assist in performing diagnosis and repair of trucks, trailers or oil field equipment breakdowns
- Assist with pump repair
- Assist with hose repair
- Assist with the repair and rebuild engines
- Assist with the repair transmissions, driveline and differentials
- Assist with repairs to engine accessory components
- Assist with tune-ups using established procedures
- Assist with the repair steering, suspensions, oil frac equipment, brake systems, turbos, frames, axles, electrical, hydraulic and a/c repairs
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of mechanic experience on heavy duty diesel
- Ability to work more than 40 hours a week
- Satisfy all Department of Transportation requirements
- Good ethics and integrity with a high attention to detail
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- The ability to walk, bend, reach, push, stoop, squat and climb, as necessary to perform vehicle inspections required under 49 CFR Sections 396.11-15 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Must be able to lift without assistance up to 75 pounds, pushing, pulling up to 50 pounds
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time without much movement
- Ability to work in time-sensitive environments with non-flexible deadlines
- Must have the ability to speak, read and write English
- Average 50-60 + hours per week
- Paid Per Hour – Overtime pay accrued after 40 hours
- On-call & some weekend work
- Hourly Rate Dependent On: Experience, Rotation, Location
MECHANIC EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- Paid Bi-weekly via direct deposit
- Affordable Healthcare Benefits – Eligible at the first of the month following start of employment
- Vacation Time Yearly – Starts accruing on first day of employment
- Quarterly Safety Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
FuelCo. Energy, LLC is an equal opportunity employer
*No staffing or agency candidates will be considered.
|Job Category||General Applicants|